Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Update


Apparently I do not have a faulty gallbladder. I spoke to my doctor and that does not seem to be the issue. SORT OF. My doctor said my gallbladder looked normal, but then proceeded to tell me I have something called "fatty liver disease." Usually this is caused two ways. #1 too much fat in your diet and #2 too much alcohol in your diet. Now, when I looked up fatty liver disease on the Internet I read that usually when the cause of this is pertaining to option #1 it means the person is Obese. I would say that I have a few pounds to lose, but I am no where close to being an Obese person. So...most likely #2 applies to me more. When we spoke my doctor told me to go easy on the fatty food and alcohol and we will follow up in 6 months and see if anything changes. I have noticed that when I don't drink, and I eat healthier and exercise that I do feel better. However, she said that the stomach pain I have been feeling for the last six months really shouldn't be attributed to this new finding, as fatty liver doesn't have any general symptoms, and most people don't know they even have it. So...now I have two options. Option 1...wait and see if it gets better. Option 2...go see a gastroenterologist. My dad has his gallbladder out a few months ago and nothing EVER showed up on his Ultrasound, so there is a slight chance it could still be gallbladder related. I think I'm going to try to live a healthier lifestyle and see if it gets any better. If not, it's off to the tummy doctor.

1 comment:

invertir en oro said...

This was a very interesting topic that you never hear about anymore. Or you do but people are hesitant to really dive into the core fabric of it and be upfront in detail.